Home Office/Showroom and Outdoor Display: 122 East Vine St. Dale, IN 47523 (Phone) 812~937~4921
Wentzel Monuments Outdoor Display: 1015 West 4th St. Mt. Vernon, IN 47620 (Phone) 812~838~2649
It All Started For Us Back In 1888
- Andrew Schum, Sr. started Mariah Hill Marble and Granite Works in the corner of his father's dirt-floor barn - he was only 17 years old.
- Andrew's first project was a hand-carved marker, lettered in German, for an infant. Today, we proudly display this original piece in our Dale showroom.
- The Washington Monument was opened to the public
- The National Geographic Society was founded
- Grover Cleveland won the popular vote but lost the US Presidential election to Benjamin Harrison based on the Electoral College delegate count
- Vincent Van Gogh infamously cut off his own ear
- The plastic drinking straw was patented
- George Eastman patented the Kodak Box Camera and formed the Eastman Kodak Company
What Else Happened In 1888?
2013 Marks Our 125th Anniversary
Not many businesses can boast of a richer history than ours; it truly is a shining example of the American Dream in action. We are extremely proud of our family's heritage and tradition in this community, and we are very much looking forward to celebrating 125 years in business.